The Start...

Well, I had this idea to document my quest to get into a new life here in Mexico. Everything here is different and there has been so much to learn. We are dealing with some interesting obstacles. My hands for the past 5-6 years have had very serious problems. Once that, as the days and weeks go on, gets worse and worse. Couple that with the wonderful simplicities that come from living in Mexico and it can be hard.

What I mean by this is that we do not have a dishwasher, a dryer, a microwave. We do have a washing machine, but so many people wash by hand. And it is really nice. You begin to enjoy the time you get when you take your laundry out to the sun to hang it up. You really start to enjoy all of the little things that are special to here.

The downside to that is that my hands do now work very well. We go through spells when one of them is completely useless. I have had hand problems for almost 6 years. So I am learning to take the time to do things at a comfortable speed. Being a domestic goddess is fun when you can enjoy the process.

So this blog is my detailed account of my quest to become a diosa doméstica. The Mexican way.
 
Ngawoer Blog